Sending to Remote TCP Port

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.

Sending to Remote TCP Port

Postby smartloxs » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:30 am

I want to use Coolterm to communicate to a serial device connected to a remote serial server (MOXA) Is it possible to enter network address and port number ?
Like 192.168.127.254:4001 ?
I am using the MAC version of Coolterm.

Thanks for any help on this.
smartloxs

Re: Sending to Remote TCP Port

Postby roger » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 pm

No, CoolTerm can not do this. What you need is a Serial-TCP/IP bridge. I wrote an application several years ago that is exactly that. It's only a development release, but it may do what you need it to do.
I added you to the "Beta Testers" group, i.e. when you log on to the forums, you should have access to the "Beta Testers" topics where you can find information on how to access beta releases of my freeware. The Serial2TCPBridge app can be downloaded from there as well.
roger
Site Admin

Postby dougy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:30 pm

I too would like to try accessing a serial device over a network. Could you please add me to your beta testers?
thanks
dougy

Postby roger » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:00 pm

dougy wrote:I too would like to try accessing a serial device over a network. Could you please add me to your beta testers?
thanks

Done.
roger
Site Admin

Postby nbd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:56 pm

roger wrote:No, CoolTerm can not do this. What you need is a Serial-TCP/IP bridge. I wrote an application several years ago that is exactly that. It's only a development release, but it may do what you need it to do.
I added you to the "Beta Testers" group, i.e. when you log on to the forums, you should have access to the "Beta Testers" topics where you can find information on how to access beta releases of my freeware. The Serial2TCPBridge app can be downloaded from there as well.

Hi Roger:

Is your Serial2TCPBridge app still available? I just started using a new instrument that requires connecting to a TCP/IP address rather than a COM port. I'd be interested to see if your app will work; I'd like to request access to download it if it's still available.

Thanks,
Nic
nbd

Postby roger » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 pm

nbd wrote:
roger wrote:No, CoolTerm can not do this. What you need is a Serial-TCP/IP bridge. I wrote an application several years ago that is exactly that. It's only a development release, but it may do what you need it to do.

Hi Roger:

Is your Serial2TCPBridge app still available? I just started using a new instrument that requires connecting to a TCP/IP address rather than a COM port. I'd be interested to see if your app will work; I'd like to request access to download it if it's still available.

Thanks,
Nic

Hi Nic,

I added you to the beta testers group, and you should now have access to the "Beta Testers" topic.
roger
Site Admin

Return to Support