CoolTerm and MAC OSX 10.9 Mavericks

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.
scanning

CoolTerm and MAC OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Post by scanning »

Pleased to report that CoolTerm and Mavericks OSX 10.9 work perfectly together.

However, moving to Mavericks did require re-install of the Prolific PL2303 driver for my USB-to-Serial Adopter
that was a bit of an exercise , but once I had the driver working, CoolTerm worked great.
I use the CoolTerm for Console access to Cisco products, and there are posts already about setting the CR to permit "--more--"
and all of that continues as before.

Steve
roger
Site Admin

Re: CoolTerm and MAC OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Post by roger »

Thanks for your post. I have also had good luck after upgrading to Mavericks, but your post just reminded me that I should check my prolific adapter. I have only tested my FTDI based devices and my trusty Keyspan adapter so far.
roger
Site Admin

Re: CoolTerm and MAC OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Post by roger »

As it turns out, upgrading a Mac running 10.8 to 10.9 is very different than a brand new Mac with 10.9 installed. While all of my adapters (FTDI, Keyspan, Prolific) work fine on my Mac I upgraded to Mavericks from 10.8 which had all drivers installed, I have not been able to get my Keyspan adapter working on a brand new iMac. The kext is installed into the right location, but the device doesn't show up in /dev/. Neither did my Prolofic adapter, not even after I installed the driver from the website of the adapter manufacturer (Trendnet).

I have been able to get the Prolific adapter to work with the driver from the Prolific website here:
http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProdu ... 29&pcid=41

At first try, it appeared that the driver for the Keyspan adapter didn't work either. However, after executing the "Keyspan Serial Assistant" application that is placed in the "Applications" folder by the installer, the adapter was properly detected by the system. The driver for Keyspan adapters can be downloaded here:
http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/mo ... delID=3914

Support for FTDI, like for previous versions of OS X, is supported by 10.9. out of the box. All my FTDI hardware worked just fine.