Command Line doesn't invoke profile

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.

Command Line doesn't invoke profile

Postby MrNobody » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:07 am

The Command Line feature to launch Cool Term from Excel fails to connect. The default.stc file does exist and is configured to auto connect on open and log data to a file. It works because if I open Cool Term normally it auto connects. If I let Excel open it then manually connect it starts working and logging data. How do I use the command line feature so my Excel application will auto-open the port and start logging data to a file when Excel is opened? I'm using Excel 2010 on Win 7.
MrNobody

Re: Command Line doesn't invoke profile

Postby roger » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:57 am

Hi,

CoolTerm doesn't currently automatically enable data capture to file when a settings file is loaded. If the settings are set to autoconnect, CoolTerm will open the port, but starting the capture to file is still a manual process. However, such a feature is on my list of improvements which I'm hoping to be able to implement in the future.

Roger
roger
Site Admin

Re: Command Line doesn't invoke profile

Postby roger » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 pm

MrNobody wrote:The Command Line feature to launch Cool Term from Excel fails to connect.

Are you saying that when CoolTerm is launched from the CommandLine, it doesn't even open the serial port, even if default.stc is configured to auto connect? Have you tried manually starting it form the command line? Does it do the same thing in that case?
roger
Site Admin

Return to Support