coolterm accepts no input

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.
4heiner

coolterm accepts no input

Post by 4heiner »

Hello,
I would like to use coolterm to program Deltang receivers for my radio-operated garden railroad.
I have coolterm (Ver. 1.5.0., Build 572) installed, but it is not possible to write any text in the input field after start. The cursor flashes in the upper left corner and doesn´t move. Typing letters and numbers with the keyboard will have no effect. Typing however makes the green "LED" besides TX flash on every key.
Who can help me :?:
Thanks and best regards
Heiner
roger
Site Admin

Re: coolterm accepts no input

Post by roger »

The green flashing of the green TX LED indicates that your keystrokes are accepted and sent to your device. However, since you're not seeing any letters in the terminal, this means that you are not receiving any data back. The terminal only displays data that was received from the serial port, and your device doesn't seem to be echoing back your keystrokes. To see what you are typing, you can enable "Local Echo" in the connection options (in "Terminal Options"). This will echo back all locally entered data.

I hope this helps.

Roger