CoolTerm on Linux feedback

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.
cmcgrath5035

CoolTerm on Linux feedback

Post by cmcgrath5035 »

Thanks for making this available. I am running on openSUSE 13.2 with KDE desktop
Two items of nite:

1. When the Preferences window opens, it is too narrow - the Cancel and OK buttons overlap Check Now button.
The window is also not tall enough, the Misc Options is cut off just below Check Now.
The window can be dragged wider, but not taller.
So workable, but I don't know what might be below Chck Now.

2. The serical interfaceI am connecting to appears as /dev/ttyACM0.The client is Serial emulation software terminating a USB link.
Coolterm works well. But it will not connect to a symlink at /dev/ttyTinyGv9_port0. The symlink is created by a Udev rule.
Does CooltTerm port search have a particular naming convention inherent?
roger
Site Admin

Re: CoolTerm on Linux feedback

Post by roger »

Hi,

Unfortunately, controls such as buttons, menus, etc, seem to get drawn a little differently depending on the distribution and user settings across different Linux platforms. I have seen CoolTerm look very good on some RedHat systems, but look crappy on Ubuntu. I'm afraid there is not a whole lot I can do about it.

CoolTerm itself doesn't have a particular naming convention for serial ports, but I believe the underlying API might. You might want to try adding the serial ports you want to have listed in the connection settings manually by creating a "ports.txt" file. See the built-in help for more details.
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

roger
Site Admin

Post by roger »

yes, this is related. Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I'll send you a link to a new beta version that should address this issue.

Roger
roger
Site Admin

Post by roger »

roger wrote:yes, this is related. Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I'll send you a link to a new beta version that should address this issue.

Roger
Nevermind. As forum admin I already have your e-mail address :-)