Launching CoolTerm on macOS for the first time

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.
roger
Site Admin

Launching CoolTerm on macOS for the first time

Post by roger »

Ever since Apple has introduced Gatekeeper, launching apps from unregistered developers for the first time has become more difficult. My freeware apps, such as CoolTerm etc, are no exception. The key to success is to launch such apps via the context menu and selecting "Open" instead of double-clicking the app icon. It may be necessary to do this twice if macOS still refuses to launch the app the first time. After successfully launching the app this way, it will not be necessary to do this anymore, and the app can be launched normally.

Here is a short video clip that shows this procedure: Link
danielpbak

Re: Launching CoolTerm on macOS for the first time

Post by danielpbak »

This doesn't work for me, I have the first dialogue repeatedly. I also have a "no" symbol above the app icon.
roger
Site Admin

Re: Launching CoolTerm on macOS for the first time

Post by roger »

danielpbak wrote:This doesn't work for me, I have the first dialogue repeatedly. I also have a "no" symbol above the app icon.
You may need to adjust the setting in 'System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General" to allow apps downloaded from "App Stored and identified developers" instead of only "App Store". Also, make sure you download the latest version of CoolTerm for macOS.