CoolTerm Introduction.py issue

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Open Source Projects, post them here.
cmahlen

CoolTerm Introduction.py issue

Post by cmahlen »

Hi,

I recently installed CoolTerm and am trying to use its Python functionality. After installing CoolTerm, I found the python examples in the "Scripting" folder in CoolTermMac.dmg. I moved these to a different location and moved the CoolTerm.py file into the same folder as the example .py files (I did this because otherwise I would get the error "CoolTerm module not found". After running Introduction.py, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Could not connect to CoolTerm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/caleb/tempPain/Examples/Example 1 - Introduction.py", line 11, in <module>
    count = s.WindowCount()
  File "/Users/caleb/tempPain/Examples/CoolTerm.py", line 324, in WindowCount
    return self.GetWindowCount()
  File "/Users/caleb/tempPain/Examples/CoolTerm.py", line 317, in GetWindowCount
    Response = self._SendPacket(Packet)
  File "/Users/caleb/tempPain/Examples/CoolTerm.py", line 229, in _SendPacket
    self.skt.sendall(Packet)
BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
I am connected to a device through USB through the CoolTerm GUI. I am running MacOS 12.6.6 and Python 3.8.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
roger
Site Admin

Re: CoolTerm Introduction.py issue

Post by roger »

Hi,

the error "Could not connect to CoolTerm" indicates that it there is a problem communicating with CoolTerm. Make sure you turn on "Enable Remote Control Socket" under "Scripting" in the Preferences. This should make it work.

Roger
cmahlen

Re: CoolTerm Introduction.py issue

Post by cmahlen »

Thank you so much, this worked! You are the best.

Caleb