runtime error CoolTerm

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.
yycmystery

runtime error CoolTerm

Post by yycmystery »

Hello

Trying to run CoolTerm for the first time. Windows 10 x64.

Getting the following error with both the 32 and 64 bit editions

Runtime Error...

Common\Win32\DrawableD2D.cpp:1111
Failure Conditions: S_OK==
D2D().D2DFactory()->CreateWicBitmapRenderTarget(mBmp,
&props, &mRenderTarget)

I have the X86, and X64 bit Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable versions 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2015-2019 installed.

I've tried to redownload the program, since it is not installed, I can't see the distribution being the error.

Please advise.
roger
Site Admin

Re: runtime error CoolTerm

Post by roger »

Hi,

So far the only issues with Runtime error on Windows have occurred when somehow the folder structure of the CoolTerm download has been altered and something is missing. I don't know if that's the case here, when you download CoolTerm, it is important that its folder structure remains intact. I.e. the "CoolTerm Resources" folder and the "CoolTerm Libs" folder needs to be in the same location as CoolTerm.exe, along with any other dll files (64bit version only) that may be in the same folder. And if you wish to move CoolTerm somewhere else, you must move the enclosing folder so that the all the contents are moved. Have you downloaded CoolTerm from my website (http://freeware.the-meiers.org) or from somewhere else?

Lastly, if nothing else helps, it may be a good idea to re-install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 Update 3.

I hope this helps.