Colours

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Open Source Projects, post them here.
Jorgen

Colours

Post by Jorgen »

I have updated from version 1.6 to the most recent. The version 1.6 had colored buttons, the recent version does not.

The colored buttons were nice. Is it possible to get colors on the buttons in the most recent version for Windows 64 bit?
roger
Site Admin

Re: Colours

Post by roger »

Hi,

Starting with v2.0.0, CoolTerm has gotten a visual update to be more consistent with current UI style guidelines that many software applications across many platforms are following now. The new style is to use simple line drawings for tool buttons now. While colored buttons looked pretty, they also make an app looked dated nowadays. Furthermore, the use of line drawings as masks to draw the icons also makes it possible for applications to look good in dark mode across platforms.

Since the CoolTerm v2.0.0 use new way of rendering the button icons, it's not possible to go back to the old style icons. You could swap out the icons in the CoolTerm Resources directory with the ones from an older version, but they would only render in monochrome, not in color, since the graphics int he icons are used as translucency masks.
However, if you don't need all the new features of v2.0.0 but want to use something newer than 1.6.0, you can use v1.9.1, which is the last version that uses the colored icons. You can download it here: http://freeware.the-meiers.org/previous ... Win191.zip

Roger
Jorgen

Re: Colours

Post by Jorgen »

OK, I will follow the trend.

Thanks,
Jorgen