CoolTerm Crashes when I print

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.
Supergenus

CoolTerm Crashes when I print

Post by Supergenus »

Whenever I print to our network printers, the settings box and print applet run but after I send to the printer, CoolTerm Crashes. Any ideas? Print settings?
roger
Site Admin

Re: CoolTerm Crashes when I print

Post by roger »

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. What platform are you using (Windows, macOS, Linux)? Does it only crash when printing to network printers? How about local printers? Or printing to a PDF?
And when it crashes, does it show a window with a crash report (if so, can you post it)?
Does it make a difference if you go to "File/Page Setup..." first and OK the settings first before printing?

Roger
roger
Site Admin

Re: CoolTerm Crashes when I print

Post by roger »

I think I figured it out. I tried printing on different setups with CoolTerm in different modes, and I'm getting consistent crashes when printing the plain text contents on Windows. Which is weird. The code hasn't changed, and this used to work just fine. It appears the method I was using wasn't 100% compatible with Windows, and perhaps a recent OS update causing it to crash now. No idea. However, I rewrote the printing routine, and now it works fine. It will be fixed in the next release.