Selected com port is not saved as default.

If you have specific questions or problems with any of my Freeware applications, post them here.
zapta

Selected com port is not saved as default.

Post by zapta »

I am using CoolTerm 2.0.1 (build 1150) 64 bit on Windows 10. My system has two ports, COM7 and COM3, I would like to use COM3 but when I start CoolTerm, COM7 is the default.

If I select COM3 and then use Save As..., the generated shortcut indeed remembers COM3 as the default (good). However, if I use Save As Default, the current port is not saved and on next session, CoolTerm defaults again to COM7.

This is an inconsistency between the two saving methods and believe that saving the port also as a default is more intuitive and useful.
roger
Site Admin

Re: Selected com port is not saved as default.

Post by roger »

Hi,

under normal circumstances, one might not want to save the port selection as default since that will lead to error message if that port were to disappear from the system and any new window are opened, which can be very annoying. However, you can enable the "Include Port Selection" option in the preferences under "Conn. Options -> Saving Settings as default". With this option turned on, the port selection will be included when you save your settings as default.

Roger
zapta

Re: Selected com port is not saved as default.

Post by zapta »

Thanks Roger, this is exactly what I was looking for and it works.

I work on one project at a time such that the ports don't change often.